It's the kind of voyage books and films and history are made of - and that travel dream will be a reality for 450 curious travelers in 2024. For the first time ever, an ultra-luxury cruise line will sail around the entire continent of Africa.
It's a 90-day, 17,000-mile exotic adventure visiting 44 marquee and off-the-beaten path ports and cities throughout 26 fascinating and unique countries. Immersion into ancient and recent history, exotic and wildly different landscapes, cultures, wildlife and lifestyles await the modern-day explorers sailing on this epic, all-African voyage.
The Seabourn Sojourn will depart Barcelona on November 30, 2024 on a small-ship, luxury cruise line's first-ever 'Grand Africa Voyage.'
Natural Wonders and Diverse Cultures
Imagine a single cruise calling in ports and destinations including Mediterranean gems like Alexandria, Cairo, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem; luscious, tropical paradises such as the Seychelles and Bom Bom Island; lands with breathtaking, diverse landscapes and wildlife such as Kenya, Madagascar and Zanzibar; and culturally rich destinations including Cape Town, Morocco and Mozambique.
In addition to renowned destinations, guests will discover African destinations off the beaten path, such as Luanda, the “Paris” of Africa, and Cape Verde, the “Gateway to the West.”
Once-in-a-lifetime Travel Experiences from Ship to Shore
Coastal cruising along breathtaking natural and urban scenery is just one facet of the ultra-luxury African circumnavigation.
Guests can explore Africa’s natural beauty via safari, hikes, scuba, snorkeling and other enriching cultural experiences, such as a visit to a camel milk farm, botanical gardens, living archaeological museums, and more.
In addition, guests can opt to take several multi-day journeys offering in-depth opportunities to explore treasured sites on land that cannot be accessed on single-day excursions from the ship, including a gorilla sanctuary, Victoria Falls and more.
Imagine a single, pan-Africa voyage that encompasses all these diverse experiences:
- Alexandria (Cairo), Egypt– Guests get a glimpse into Egypt’s rich past and present while spending an evening inCairo, Egypt’s second-largest city and epicenter of cultural and historical significance, offering a fascinating blend of ancient landmarks, stunning architecture, and vibrant markets. Guests will have the option to join an excursion to see the Pyramids at Giza.
- Safaga (Luxor), Egypt - Located on the Egyptian side of the Red Sea, Safaga is the gateway to some of Egypt's most memorable destinations: Luxor, Karnak and Thebes. Luxor has often been called the world's greatest open-air museum, and the number and preservation of the monuments in the area are unparalleled anywhere else in the world.
- Mombasa, Kenya– Guests can experience Kenya’s wildlife up close in Mombasa with overnight Seabourn Journeys, including Tsavo National Park Safaris, a Masai Mara National Reserve Safari and a Rwanda Gorilla Trek. Mombasa, a vibrant coastal city with beautiful beaches, warm climate, rich history and local cuisine, has a blend of African, Arabic, and European cultures.
- Cape Town, South Africa – Known as the “Mother City” of South Africa, Cape Town is a cosmopolitan metropolis of breathtaking natural beauty, with iconic landmarks such as Table Mountain, pristine beaches, and a rich cultural heritage that reflects its unique blend of African, European, and Asian influences. It’s also a hub for adventure tourism, offering a range of thrilling outdoor activities to enjoy, including catamaran sailing, kayaking and more.
- Seabourn Signature Moment: private beach BBQ on Bom Bom Island, Sao Tome & Principe – One of Seabourn's most beloved traditions and Signature Moments is an ultra-luxury, private beach BBQ. On the Grand Africa Voyage, it takes place on Bom Bom Island, an enchanting destination of natural beauty and tranquility with pristine beaches, lush tropical forests, and crystal-clear waters.
- Casablanca, Morocco – Guests spend an evening in Casablanca, the vibrant economic hub of Morocco. With its bustling souks, stunning architecture, and vibrant nightlife, it offers visitors a unique and authentic taste of Moroccan life, steeped in history, culture, and tradition.
Start Your Africa Trip!
Images courtesy of Seabourn
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Sandals Opens its Newest Resort with the 1st SkyPool Suites in Jamaica and a Return to its Roots
- Ultra-Luxury Hotel Opens in Chicago in the World’s Tallest Building Designed by a Woman
- Why Belfast is the Best Place to Experience the Legend of the Titanic
- Upgrades and Celebrations Mark the 50th Anniversary of Australia’s Architectural Icon: the Sydney Opera House
- Oceania Cruises Christens 1st New Ship in a Decade and Introduces new Wine, Spirits and Culinary Experiences